Jose Luis Olea Vallejo
Specialist at Miranza Passeig Mallorca
Chairman of the Ophthalmology section of the Academic of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, 1995-2004 and 2013-2019.
Accredited Member of the Royal Academy of Medicine and Surgery of the Balearic Islands since December 2003
Associate Professor at the University of the Balearic Islands since 2017
Member of the Spanish Ophthalmology Society.
Member of EURETINA.
Member of the American Ophthalmology Society.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Valladolid, 1981.
- Qualification in Ophthalmology through MIR residency programme at the University Clinical Hospital of Valladolid, 1982-1985.
- PhD from the University of Valladolid, 1982-1985.
- Different short-term training courses in national and international centres.
- Assistant Ophthalmology Physician at Hospital Son Dureta, Palma de Mallorca, 1987 to 1994
- Head of the Vitreo-Retina Section at Hospital Son Dureta, 1994-1999.
- Head of the Ophthalmology Department at Hospital Son Dureta, 1999 to 2008.
- Head of the Vitreo-Retina Section at Hospital Son Espases, 2008 to 2020.
- Assistant Ophthalmology Physician, Vitreo-Retina Section, since 2020.
- Certified by AQUIB (University of the Balearic Islands-UIB-) as a temporary lecturer in 2017.
- Associate Anatomy Professor at the UIB in 2017.
- Associate Ophthalmology Professor and subject head since 2018.
- Ophthalmology Intern Tutor at Hospital Son Dureta, 1990-1994.
- Director of 9 national courses and 50 local or regional courses.
Scientific and Research Activity
- ORCID ID: 0000-0002-3645-8262
- Editorial council evaluator for the Archives of the Spanish Ophthalmology Society since 1999.
- Director of 6 projects Director de 6 research sufficiency projects and 3 doctoral theses at the Autonomous University of Barcelona.
- 80 publications in scientific journals (27 indexed in PubMed).
- Author of 11 chapters in different books and 1 book as the author.
- Over 300 presentations and conferences at international, national, regional and local congresses.
- Scientific consulting work nationally and internationally for different companies linked to ophthalmology (Pfizer, Novartis, Allergan, Bayer).