Emeterio Orduña Domingo
Medical director at Miranza Passeig Mallorca AND Miranza IBO
SpecialtiesCornea Refractive surgery Cataracts Glaucoma
Specialising in Ophthalmology
Sub-specialisation in Cornea, Refractive Surgery, Cataract, Glaucoma and Paediatric Ophthalmology (strabismus)
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, issued by the University of Valladolid on 22 December 1980.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Valladolid, 14 October 1980, with the qualification of DISTINCTION.
- Resident Medical Intern specialising in Ophthalmology at the Galicia General Hospital from 11 January 1982 to 28 February 1986.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery Degree from the University of Santiago de Compostela by means of a Doctoral Thesis read and defended on 14 February 1985, having obtained the qualification of DISTINCTION “CUM LAUDE.”
- Doctor of Medicine Specialising in Ophthalmology, issued by the University of Santiago de Compostela on 15 January 1986.
- Contracted Medical Specialist, January and February 1986, at the Galicia General Hospital, as an extension of the Resident Medical Intern contract.
- Hierarchical Ophthalmology Medical Specialist at the “Valdeorras” Hospital in Barco de Valdeorras, on an interim basis from 1 March 1986 to 15 July 1987.
- Hierarchical Ophthalmology Medical Specialist at the Son Dureta Hospital, having held this position from 20 July 1987, on leave of absence since 15 August 2000.
- Head of the Ophthalmology Service at Clínica PalmaPlanas since 1990. (BALEARIC ISLANDS OPHTHALMOLOGY UNIT) until 16 August 2021.
- Head of the Ophthalmology Department at the Son Llàtzer Hospital. Position held from 1 December 2001 to present.
- Medical director at Miranza Passeig Mallorca and Miranza IBO 2022-Present.
- Collaborator in the Monographic Doctorate Course, taught by the Ophthalmology Chair of the Santiago de Compostela Faculty of Medicine entitled “Laser as Therapeutic Treatment in Ophthalmology” during the 1983-84 academic year.
- Collaborator in the Monographic Doctorate Course, taught by the Ophthalmology Chair of the Santiago de Compostela Faculty of Medicine entitled “Ophthalmological Manifestations of Vascular Diseases” during the 1984-85 academic year.
- Member of the Organising Committee for the 64th Spanish Ophthalmology Society Congress held in Palma de Mallorca, 1 to 6 October 1988.
- Ophthalmology Resident Medical Intern Tutor at Son Dureta Hospital, a position held from 1987 to 1995.
- Doctoral Thesis Director: “Evolution of intraocular pressure after cataract surgery.” Doctoral thesis presented by Dr Pedro Arbona Bosch and read at the University of Alcala de Henares, obtaining the qualification of Distinction “Cum Laude” on 10 May 2005.
Scientific and Research Activity
- Communications and conferences presented at congresses and Spanish and international scientific meetings: 201.
- Articles and scientific works: 31 in Spanish and seven international publications
- Chapters of scientific books: 12